EcoRisk Forecasts - California
DAT/Artist: Daniel Furman, 2021.
A data-driven story about California’s uncertain climate future, forecasting worrisome levels of temperature warming and precipitation decline, particularly in the Sierra Nevadas (Giant sequoias) and Mojave Desert (Joshua trees) respectively. These trends unfortunately have the potential to intensify wildfire, drought, and biodiversity decline across the West Coast.
Made with the support of the Risk & Resilience DAT/Artathon 2021.
- NYT CA Fires
- IPCC AR6 Report
- CMIP6 Global Climate Models
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility
- Coast redwood: GBIF.org (2 August 2021) GBIF Occurrence https://doi.org/10.15468/dl.4qgr62
- Giant sequoia: GBIF.org (2 August 2021) GBIF Occurrence https://doi.org/10.15468/dl.baww96
- Joshua tree: GBIF.org (01 November 2020) GBIF Occurrence https://doi.org/10.15468/dl.g6swrm